I believe the process that lead to my tedtalk was quite smooth. Early on I had found the topic I was passionate about which enabled me to easily meet all the deadlines for this assignment such as the research portfolio and creating a draft. I feel because of how popular sitting has become and the fear that comes with it, it was easy to find authoritative and credible sources with an abundance of facts and stories that could help build a speech. I was specifically pleased to find out that not only was their an abundance of sources, but the sources were varied from videos to articles. This allowed the research process to be engaging and thought-provoking. I felt in terms of creating the actual draft of my speech, once you had thoroughly identified a solution, problem, and call to action it which was supported with facts, it was easy to build my speech because it was basically already created in my focused question documents.
In terms of the product, while I was a bit disappointed I messed up on a few words during my speech I was overall proud with the outcome. I felt my talk was able to persuade my audience about the issue of my problem and going through my call to action. I also felt that using the three modes of persuasion, I was able to construct an egaging and credible speech with just the right amount of emotion and facts.
I feel I was finally able to overcome that barrier of formal and charismatic through connecting the audience personally which meant feeding on the reactions of my speech at the time such as when Shungo was like he didn't have a mobile device, so on the spot I reacted by saying "well Shungo you can use your laptop." Though its a small thing, I felt it contributed to my speech immensely, rather than creating a rehearsed reaction to my questions. However, I felt I could have worked on creating a more organized and engaging slideshow.
Here's a link to my draft:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kjqNSn7IT8VFuBDFyRVjpWqTVFoOfFAgbvFwj-JZcV0/edit
Here's a link to my presentation : https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1mc2VfBmU-VBFPpP35qc2L0MOq0OH8a9oEIlp9Q4AX80/edit#slide=id.g14388c600b_0_0
No comments:
Post a Comment