Planning Guide for History Alive Project
(Summative Literacy Grade = 0.50)
For our final summative project in social studies we must pick a topic which is from an era that we have studied in class in a engaging, informative, unique and relevant way. When conducting our project and forming the final product we must use images (creative common only), words, text, videos and music to portray our topic. It must contain a connection to modern day life in a relevant way and include a comparison of perspective. Overall, this project is asking for a creative story about our topic to help us learn more about civl rights and other main eras we have studied.
Project Details
1. What is the topic and thesis for your project?
Not only did Jesse Owens break the skill based stereotype of black people in the Olympics, but he also inspired African Americans to go for their dreams despite the limits formed by ongoing racial discrimination in sports worldwide.
2. How did you learn or become interested in your topic?
I became interested in the topic of Jesse Owens while researching about influential black sportsmen for the history alive project. When I saw Jesse Owens on the top of the list I was curious to what made him so influential, therefore that is how I became interested in Jesse Owens and was inspired to learn more about his influence as a black sportsmen.
3.How did you research your topic?
I used various databases recommended by SAS to find information on my topic. For example to conduct research on the different perspectives I used the website “Opposing Viewpoints in Context.” Also, I used PebbleGo Database to find more information for my research on current event connections. Overall the other website which I used to do most of my background research was the website Biographies and Brainpop and other databases listed on the SAS bookmark as there were 100% reliable so my notes were 100% true.
4. Why did you select this category? Exhibit? Performance? Documentary?
I plan on exhibiting my work through a movie which is in the form of a kid educational video built of primary videos of the event of olympic 1936 and interviews of Jesse Owens, my objective is to not make this a documentary but an interesting action movie displaying and supporting my thesis statement and additional key information about my topic , Jesse Owens. Therefore the way I plan on preventing this movie from becoming a documentary is making sure its can entrain kids (as they are my projected audience) as I want this video to be similar to one of those kid educational tv shows where they exhibit history in a fun and entertaining movie. Almost like a mix of brainpop and John Green history videos.
5. How does your topic fit our unit theme (Civil War to Civil Rights: Protest & Perseverance)
I plan on portraying my topic through a digital kid picture book which is built of text and primary source videos and pictures.
Logistics of the Project:
6.Where will notes/work be stored?
In this document ( it has sections for background, perspectives and current world connections) :
- 7. How will resources used be tracked and separated into primary and secondary sources?
- I have made a folder on my desktop which has one folder inside it called primary sources, where are my primary sources I used for my research is keeped, and the second folder is where all my secondary sources is kept which I also used to conduct my research notes.
No comments:
Post a Comment