Sunday, 19 April 2015
Monologue Reflection
I think that the thing I am most proud of is probably just learning to play the role of a kid being kidnapped, and being able to portray the emotion of fear because personally that the hardest aspect of the monologue. Because I feel that showcasing fear is extremely hard unless you've ever experienced that degree of fear, whether its losing a pencil to being kidnapped, its all very hard and repetitive. But when I concurred and was able to show fear through my whole piece successfully, I was so proud of myself. However watching myself I feel that if my movement was more diverse throughout my piece I could have hooked my audience more effectively, so If I had to change something from my piece thats what I would have changed.
It was fun to see how different peoples reaction to the same event. Also, I was exposed to different emotions towards an event which were different to mine emotions. It was interesting to see the different interpretations and perspectives people go through when trying to express the same emotion. Whether it was yelling louder or smiling bigger, it was cool to see how different people acted excited. I feel that I didn't feel 100% connected to my story as much as I was when writing it because I was writing through the actual emotions I had faced at that time, but I did feel connected toward the overall emotion of excitement because I felt both the actor and I successfully portrayed that certain emotion. I do believe that the actor did portray the emotion of excitement because he did make it believable that he was excited to the loud screams and different actions like smiling etc.
Do you feel they accurately portrayed the emotions you felt? Again, if I had to do my piece I would have build up the suspence of exictment rather than just all of a sudden flooding it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment