Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Line Excersize Blogpost






Description of Methods and Variety Used :
As you can see in my piece I used the method of reductive lines in one of the small balls connected to the rainbow (very bottom one) to draw repetitive lines on top of each other to fill up the ball space. I also used a full range of lines from thick lines converging into small lines above in the top most left of my piece. I also used zig zags in the background of where my calligraphy prints where, along with noodling in the background of my color located on the left part of my oval. My noodling lines went from zigzag to curvy to swaying. I also implemented objects like squares on the top most right of my piece and drew lines to create trees symbols on the bottom most left of my piece. 


Utensils and Colors Used :
I also used different types of essentials such as the marker to fill in my tree, zebra pen creates the lines in my circle, and lastly I used the charcoal pencil to fill in my background. I also implemented different color oil pastels above the black scratch surface such as red, purple,orange,green,pink, and blue. 


Challenges and Successes :
A struggle I faced during this project was engraving the color onto the scratch paint as it would always go through the paint and It would leave me with the white piece of paper as my surface. However, I recovered from this challenge by adding a thicker or additional layer of paint to my piece to create a thicker layer to scrap into. On the other hand, I found success in finding places to add the method noodling because it's a very easy method which doesn't take up much space and brings more creativity to my piece, that is why as you can throughout my art piece I displayed noodling multiple times between and behind my lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment