Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Math 8 End of Year Reflection

What did you discover about yourself as a math student this year?
Generally I used to struggle with some concepts and not know how to master it, but now I realised that for me to understand a certain formula or concept I must practice it multiple times and do a lot of worksheets or questions till I get it. Because like most people, the more I do and practice the concept, the faster I understand it and will be able to master it.


What do you think your biggest strength is in math? (List or bullet points)
I think in terms of math categories I really strive in solving expressions, creating expressions, factoring expressions, solving the system of equations finding the slope,y intercept, and formula with both word problems and graphs.

What type of mistakes do you generally make when a taking test?
I feel generally last year my mistakes were more caused by my ambiguity with the concept being tested on, but now this year I feel its more of not reading the question carefully or carless forgetting to add a label or unit as I feel I understand and mastered almost all of the categories we have studied this year.

Goals or hopes for next year?
I really feel I have strived this year and its one of my most successful math years, although I would have liked to possibly move up and challenge myself this year. I hope next year I will be able to move up a level and push my self to learn and master more concepts so I can be even more successful in math. However, I believe with hard work and practice, I will be able to reach a higher level :)


No comments:

Post a Comment