A sentence containing a subordinate clause or clauses.
2. What are the different parts that make a complex sentence and compound sentences?
Simple statement + dependent statement: Dependent statement- starts with a dependent word such as
time: when,before,after,while,until
added detail :how, who, what, where, which
logical connection: although, if, because, even though, since,
Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ3q8kq1be8
3. What are the differences between complex sentences and compound sentences?
The different clauses are different, basically a compound sentence uses FANBOYS (For,and,nor,but,or,yet,so) and a complex sentence uses a dependent clause like (when,before,after,while,until ex.).
I really wanted to finish my homework before dinner, but with a big math test coming up I didn't think I could. I was very hungry, but I endured through my hunger to finish my math worksheets. I decided to take a break, while taking a break I decided to watch some TV. I watched some disney channel, after half an hour I went back to studying. I was very happy when I was done studying, so I went downstairs to tell my parents I had finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment