Thursday, 23 May 2013

TIME Poems + Extra Poems

TIME Poems


Ex- Ray Poem: Dear Anonymous


Dear Anonymous,
knocking me down
smashing my heart onto the ground
throwing bullets at my face
I thought we were special, what a disgrace
Creating joy and happiness
I feel fear and angriness
Entertaining yourself by hurting me
Blinded by my sparkling soul, can you see
Lying is your possession
Hating is your obsession
Breaking friendship is your key to smile
Tears bomb the floor for a while
My heart ready to break like a bomb waiting to explode
I can't let go
My horror is a shadow
My laughter is a window
Only opening at the right time
So here's the memo
My confidence released a demo
You've taken my shine out of a star
You've destroyed my smile from my face
You've taken my heart and squeezed all the emotions out of it


But still haven't taken me!



Reflection: In class we learnt how to express emotion in your poems. Mr.Peterson gave us 6 main strategies to use Emotion in your poetry. We had to use strong feelings, you had to be honest, you had to speak directly to someone, Use “I”, convey feelings through image, don't say too much. Furthermore, I feel I really nailed the emotion when it came strong feelings as I used a lot of metaphors like “My laughter is a window, only opening at the right time or my horror is a shadow.” To add on, I also focused a lot on smilies such as “My heart ready to break like a bomb waiting to explode.” Also I directly focused on a certain someone which captured the aspect of being honest.  Moreover, this poem also was directed to me so I used “I” a lot. Summing up all the aspects to write a perfect Emotion poem.



Image Poem: Flower


The summer colors blind the grass with beauty
Pink and Purple shadow turn into vivid light
The lavender scent smells so right
The creamy air melts onto the petals
The honey sinks below the steam
“Drifting down onto the green
The flower sways with the grass
The wind watches
As still as a rock
Petals shining like a star
A smell, so strong you could smell it miles away
Flowers, an icon to nature


Reflection: In class we learnt how to use image in your poems. Mr.Peterson gave us 4 main strategies to use Image in your poetry. We had to our 5 senses, personification, metaphor, simile, hyperbole. Furthermore, I feel I really nailed the image when it came to using a lot of metaphors and similes like “ As still ask a rock.” To add on, I really focused on personification by using verses like” Petals shining like a star,The flower sways with the grass, the creamy air melts onto the petals, The honey sinks below the steam, and the wind watches. “ Also I used a little bit of the technique “hyperbole” like “ A smell, so strong you could smell it miles away.” Summing up all the aspects to write a perfect Image poem.


Music: Bounce, Bounce
Bounce, Bounce
The ball bounces balancing on the ground
The ball fell down a well
It can't be found
Someone help!!!
Bounce, Bounce
I can't count
Its so loud
The ball floated up to the cloud
Bounce, Bounce

Reflection: In class we learnt how to express music in your poems. Mr.Peterson gave us 7 main strategies to use Music in your poetry. We had to use rhythm, repetition, rhyme, alliteration, assonance, consonance, onomatopoeia. Furthermore, I feel I really nailed the music when it came strong feelings as I used every single technique such as onomatopoeia  like “Bounce, Bounce” to describe the action of a soccer ball. To add on, I also focused a lot on assonance, consonance  such as “The ball fell down a well and I can't count.” Also I directly focused on alliteration such as “The ball bounces balancing on the ground.”  Overall, I used a lot of rhythm by using the aspect of rhythm by rhyming the words “loud and cloud or found and ground.” Summing up all the aspects to write a perfect Music poem.




Technical Aspect: Snow Paradise


Falling from cloud nine
Its about time
Drifting from the sky
Floating from the high


f
a
l
l
i
n
g
smashed
onto the
ground
displaying beauty
sounds fill the glass walls of New York
sparkling in the sky
glittering like a star
d
 r
    i
        l
           i
        z
      z
d
 r
    i
        l
           i
        z
      z
   l
i
 n
     g


   l
i
 n
     g
down to the muddy ground
SMASH!


There goes the snow


Reflection: Reflection: In class we learnt how to use technical aspects in your poems. Mr.Peterson gave us 7 main strategies to use Technical Aspects in your poetry. We had to use line breaks, stanzas, forms/structures (couplets, quatrain, haiku, limerick, found, concrete), shape, title, beginnings, endings. Furthermore, I feel I really nailed the Technical part in poetry because I included every technique in my poem. For example, I used line breaks like “SMASH, there goes the snow.” To add on, I also you a lot of shapes like for “failing” or “drizzling” or “zero.” Furthermore, my poem was made up of a lot of stanzas weather they were couplets or quatrain or even ode.  Additionally, my poem is made up of verses but these were the ones that stood out “There goes the snow, Falling from cloud nine (which is a idiom), sounds fill the glass walls of New York.” There was a title “Snow Paradise” and there was an ending “SMASH! There goes the snow” and a clear beginning “Falling from cloud nine, It's about time, Drifting from the sky, Floating from the high.”


EXTRA POEMS:

Why

By Riya

Why do I fall down in pain?

Why is life so harsh and insane?

Why do the people I love the most

Leave to the furthest destination of post

 

Why is honesty so hard to follow?

Trusting people leaving there heart full of sorrow

Why is being beautiful so hard

Why can’t it be easy like drawing a card?

 

Why do I fail in tests?

When I’m doing my very best

Why can’t I get friendships right

When I try I just cause a fight

 

If a road split into two

Which one would you pick?

Which one would you choose?

 

Why do friends act like money is everything

And smiles and happiness is nothing

Why do you focus on the bad times in life?

And let the good times sweep by

Why do you hate what you have the most?

But when it disappears

You need

And wish it was still there with you



 

Shall I Compare You to a Red Rose?

By Riya Devgan

 

Shall I compare you to a red rose?

Red petals stand very far from you

Your beauty clungs on to you when you doze

Passion and ambition in everything you do

The stiff stem swishes in the cool night breeze

Your dignity, your strength, your passion

The gift is your heart which you came to seize

Style and attitude is new fashion

For the red rose stays in its red form

Getting older and older like the moon

Trying to knock you down with a storm

God only knows what will happen to you soon

Years and years the rose petals will fade

But you soul will still be a blazing blade





No comments:

Post a Comment