Throughout my poetry unit I have learned abundance of techniques making my Image/Emotion/Technical Aspects/ Music poems stand out with the mini lessons and tips Mr.Peterson provided us with.
In class we learnt how to express emotion in our poems. Mr.Peterson gave us 6 main strategies to use Emotion in our poetry. We had to use strong feelings, you had to be honest, you had to speak directly to someone, Use “I”, convey feelings through image, don't say too much. Furthermore, I feel I really nailed the emotion when it came to strong feelings as I used a lot of metaphors like “My laughter is a window, only opening at the right time or my horror is a shadow.” To add on, I also focused a lot on similes such as “My heart ready to break like a bomb waiting to explode.” Also I directly focused on a certain someone which captured the aspect of being honest. Moreover, this poem also was directed to me so I used “I” a lot. Summing up all the aspects to write a perfect Emotion poem.
Mr.Peterson taught us how to use image in your poems. Mr.Peterson gave us 4 main strategies to use Image in your poetry. We had to our 5 senses, personification, metaphor, simile, hyperbole. Moreover, I used my "The flower poem" because I feel I really used a lot of image when it came to using a lot of metaphors and similes like “ As still ask a rock.” To add on, I really focused on personification by using verses like” Petals shining like a star,The flower sways with the grass, the creamy air melts onto the petals, The honey sinks below the steam, and the wind watches. “ Also I used a little bit of the technique “hyperbole” like “ A smell, so strong you could smell it miles away.” Summing up all the aspects to write a perfect Image poem.
During class we learnt how to express music in your poems. Mr.Peterson gave us 7 main strategies to use Music in your poetry. We had to use rhythm, repetition, rhyme, alliteration, assonance, consonance, onomatopoeia. Additionally, I focused on my music poem "Bounce, Bounce" because I feel I really captured the music when it came strong feelings as I used every single technique such as onomatopoeia like “Bounce, Bounce” to describe the action of a soccer ball. To add on, I also focused a lot on assonance, consonance such as “The ball fell down a well and I can't count.” Also I directly focused on alliteration such as “The ball bounces balancing on the ground.” Overall, I used a lot of rhythm by using the aspect of rhythm by rhyming the words “loud and cloud or found and ground.” Summing up all the aspects to write a perfect Music poem.
Overall, I feel that these mini lessons really helped make my poems stand out with all the tips and lessons provided for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment