In my book "Al Capone Does My Shirts" the theme is the begining is a constant intese sad mood were the main characters try to fit in and have a voice in the nation . Futhermore, the main two characters Matthew and Natilie try to fit into their new home where the only people who live their are criminals. In the 4 chapters I and my book club read there were a few senteces that supported the mood. Such as "I want to be here like I want a posion oak on my private parts, But apparntly nobody cares." When Matthew says "but appertly nobody cares" it proves that he wants to be heard but since nobodys likes or knows him his words stay silence. Also when Matthew is talking to his father he wants to debate on somthing with his mom, but is to scared to speak up so silently ingores her. Moreover it the book it says"It doesnt matter that I weigh more than both of them" that shows Matthew feels inscure about himself and thats why he doesnt fit in because he's scared of people judging him.
I choose the song "Hall of Fame" by the Script because it is about people who try and try to persue their dreams and eventually after all this effort will be standing in the hall of fame. Additonally, this song matches Matthews life becuase he tries so hard to fit and make sure his voice is heard, and one day he will be standing in the hall of fame. Quoting the song lryics when it says "You can be a master
don't wait for luck, dedicate yourself and you can find yourself standing in the hall of fame." Meaning if Matthew dedicates himself and works hard he will achieve his dreams.
Here is the song
Good song choice, I think that it really ties in with the theme.
ReplyDeleteNice song but I think the song is more about getting success rather than in the book its more of a sad threatened feeling.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your opinion, and I guess that the main mood I was trying to get across is like fitiing in and insecurtity. Do you have any ideas of what songs I could do?
ReplyDeleteGreat details and examples. I like how you backed up your opinion. But I was kind of confused in the way you intro-dusted the mood. By the end I had an idea but it was still blurry what the clear mood was. In one word what is the mood?
ReplyDeleteThe mood was insecurity because he was never confident enough to try and fit in or sstand up to his mom.
ReplyDelete