During my first seamster in World Studies, I definitely grew as a learner and as a writer. I faced many challenges where most I overcome. I set my goals which many were achieved. Something I am most proud about is my argument essay. One of the many categories we were being assessed was the skill of connecting and selecting specific text to our claim. In the beginning of our quater on argument essay skills I found it easy to select specific evidence supporting my claim, but struggled to explain the connection of how it supported my argument. For example, during the social media is beneficial formative essay, I found many states which favoured my side of social media is beneficial such as "20% of kids increased their writing skills after using social media as a research platform." But instead of explaining the connection I would just add as many quotes which I thought supported my claim. Through shared inquiries when I was forced to elaborate on my quote and why it supported my claim, I was able to develop the skill of connecting quotes and then was able to apply it to my Summative Argumentative essay. For example during the shard inquiry I was trying to argue that you cannot ever achieve security and then used the quote from the Paris Attack article "There are many other dangers such as smoking, car accidents, shootings etc," to support my argument by explaining that this quote supports my point as it is listing the endless dangers going against security, and how a government can never achieve full security. Overall, I am very proud of my progress and feel I can forever use this skill throughout my years because being able to support an opinion (argument) is essential day to day skill.
No comments:
Post a Comment