Friday, 3 October 2014

Reflection On Unit

Throughout this unit I learnt multiple new things, I hadn't known before. For example, in seventh grade it was always a struggle for me to identify the y-axis, or if y is over x or x is over y etc. However, after this unit I can easily identify where the y axis and I know that when finding the constant rate of change for both the x/y value its always y value over x value. Furthermore, one thing I did not really understand before this unit was first of all what the constant rate of change is and how to find the constant rate of change. I later on realised it was basically just divided the y value by the x value and not just any x-y value, but the progress of both the x/y value. For example of the y value progressed by 2 every time and the x value also progressed my 2, I know that the constant rate of change aka croc is 1. Also a new vocab word I learnt throughout the unit was a linear graph/relationship. Basically you can notice a learn graph if all the cordonites line up to a straight line and if the table has a constant rate of change. Here are some examples of tables/graphs with either a linear relationship or a constant rate of change.

Notice how this certain graph is a decreasing graph, which still means its linear it just doesnt start from the orgin and goes up in value, but down in value. 



No comments:

Post a Comment