Taking the Next Step:
I remember when I was in 7th grade and it was almost the end of the year and I was sitting on a few B grade tests and some unfinished work. But honestly, in seventh grade I didn't care, my peers didn't care and the teachers definitely didn't care. Few months past and i'm stuck in a classroom with strict teachers, piles of homework and the struggle to meet 8th grade expectations. After you finish reading this blogpost I bet you will no longer be a vain seventh grader because after this you will know how to take the next step onto being an 8th grader.
Homework: Homework for the longest time to me was a worthless paper filled with pointless math equations and density vs mass questions and blank lines waiting for a great essay idea to spill onto the page. Please tell me im not the only one. However this year you must do your homework and not just to make your teacher happy or you parents happy but to make yourself happy when you get that A on your unit test thanks to the extra help hence homework. Now it may be hard, it may be very difficult to kill that habitat of fun before homework. But thats why you must take the next step. Trust me it will help you grow as a student tremendously. But not just any student, an 8th grade student.
Procrastination: Procrastination. A severe disease many lazy middle school students face due to the lack or energy or enthusiasm to finish an assignment, and believe me even I suffered from this condition until one day I found the cure. Doing your homework on the day it was assigned and finishing your project a few days before its due. However, like most seventh graders who are not capable of overcoming this issue and moving on. Find it very hard to get good grades and bet this condition. But trust stop with procrastinating and do your work when you get it so you can get the ‘A’ in you're learning behaviours grade. Dont believe me, well let me tell you a story. I remember on third day of school procrastination hit me hard, like huge wave smashing the blistering beige sand. I was too busy to care about homework and making a good impression on my first day of science. So I forgot to pack my supplies for school. The next day when the teacher yelled “Please take out your brown books” I stood there frozen, melting in fear. As if Elsa had smacked me with her cold hands and not even Anna could get out of this one. So when the teacher noticed I had no school materials he yelled at me in front of the whole class, and trust me do you want to be that kid who teachers scream at while all the students attentively glue their ears to the conversation, some giggling, some mouths pressed shut in fear? No you dont. So trust me and take the leap away from procrastination!
Heres a song to help you stop procrastinating
Take Risks: Teenagers are an interesting species, some are very quiet and hide behind the walls of insecurities never having the courage to break out. Some teenagers are loud and full of energy, like a volcano bubbling in lava waiting to explode. However, all teenagers pause when it comes to stepping out of your comfort zone. In seventh grade it was easy to live a comfortable life. Everyday you hung out with the same friends, eat same food, learnt the same stuff. Then suddenly 8th grade comes, different teachers, unfamiliar faces, and unique food. Its hard to feel comfortable, but whats even harder is to adjust to this new lifestyle. This year, a piece of advice, teachers are looking for you to step out of your comfort zone and to participate and add more to class conversations, speak louder and more confident. Work with new people and try new things. And at first its going to be hard to let go of the old, but soon this lifestyle will be your old. Take more chances, contribute more in class, don't be afraid of the saying the wrong thing. Take risks to take the next step. I dare you.
Overall, its easy to take the next step into 8th grade, all you really have to do is do your homework on time and when you get it, and to take risks. Its simple. Tell me once you get into the first few weeks of 8th grade if i'm wrong, tell me that all the advice I gave you didnt help you, tell me if you were able to take the next step.
Your blog post is really good and gives really good lessons and tips. Next time you might want to zoom into one topic out of the ones you choose and add a lot of detail to it. Good Job!
ReplyDeleteA great guide for seventh graders :) Nice simple summary at the end
ReplyDelete