Thursday, 23 January 2014

ITN Reflection and Goal Setting 2014

ITN Reflection and Goal Setting


1.  What makes a great “In the News” presentation?  Give 2 to 3 examples.
In order for your ITN to be successful you must pick a topic you enjoy as you will be spending more than half your ITN time reading and learning about your topic and collecting evidence. Additionally, you must collect as much information and data as you can in order for you ITN to succeed. Furthermore  you must make sure your ITN powerpoint shows the “tell and show” method aka use a lot more photos rather than text on your powerpoint besides the title. Therefore, when presenting it is vital for you to talk slowly, clearly and try to include all the information that you can.



2.  What feedback did you receive about your “In the News” presentation last semester.  
Riya, Your presentation on Malala was fascinating and connected well with our unit on government.  You used detailed evidence, spoke clearly, and had good eye contact.  Your slide show did a good job of 'Telling n Showing" with catchy titles and interesting graphics.  Your classmates were hanging on every word.  Great job!


a)  What went well for you?
I collected a lot of valuable evidence and data and when presenting I backed up my opinions with data. Also when presenting I did a excellent job speaking clearly and using eye contact. Furthermore, not only was my presentation good but my slides nailed the “Tell and Show” method and contained catchy titles. Lastly, what I was extremely proud of was my classmates were following and listening to me throughout my whole presentation:)




b)  What areas do you need to focus on and improve?
In my opinion I could off talked slower instead of just focusing on saying all the information and not missing anything because then sometimes a miss I forgot the include some of the most valuable data in my presentation,



3.  Write 2 to 3 goals that you would like to achieve on your “ITN” presentation this semester. These goals should be explicit (stated clearly and in detail, including how you will achieve the goal) and measurable (you are easily able to determine if your goal was achieved).
An example structure you can choose to use


My goal is….
To try and talk slower and calmer, that way I will take my time on addressing all my pieces of evidence and opinions, and not skip any points of information.



I will achieve it by…
Going over my notes multiple times and talking threw my presentation a lot of times that way on the actual day or time of my ITN I will be fully comfortable with my presentation and it will be super easy when presenting.



I will know I have a achieved it when...
I can slowly and comfortably read out my notes and go threw my presentation without stuttering, missing and information, and not looking off my notes constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment